Are you planning to buy your first Android Smart TV? We will help you to pick the best match for you.
The television users of India are multiplying since 2012. According to the report published by ET, more than 65% of Indians own a TV set. Not only this, Indians are the second-largest smartphone consumers in the world.
Keeping in mind that more than 92% of Indian trust Android OS, television companies are really focusing on producing Android Smart TVs in the market. I am not going to lie, and Android TV is a really powerful yet very easy-to-use operating system. Another benefit of TV manufacturers to adopt native Android is because Android is a free (open-source) platform.
Gaint TV manufacturers like LG and Samsung have developed their own OS, i.e., webOS and Tizen, respectively. However, many big names like Sony, OnePlus, Xiaomi, VU, TCL, Onida, Micromax, Lloyd, etc. have decided to stick with Android to build their Smart TV.
So let’s find out which is the best Android smart TV in India right now. We have already listed the best smart TV for 2021, you may check it too.
Overview of Content
1. OnePlus Q1 Series Android TV (55 Inch)
This is the best Android TV that money can buy right now and that too is not super expensive. Unlike other TV, we really like how the Q1 series can really pull up the brighter parts of display with deeper black. The panel is powered by Samsung’s QLED technology that will enhance the saturation to look more natural.
VA panel emits the best contrast ratio as compared to IPS or TN panel, which makes the screen more gorgeous. Talking about HDR technology, OnePlus is using Dolby Vision is which is superior to regular HDR10 and HDR10+ technology, which means you can see better image depth.
You can use the Google Assistant feature to ask the TV for the weather, reminders and much more. Another great feature of this OnePlus Q1 series is build-in Chromecast that enables wireless connectivity and GooglePlay store, which allows you to download additional apps and games.
Check our full review on OnePlus TV brand.
2. Kevin K32CV338H Android TV (32 Inches)
- 32-inch screen with 720p resolution and 60 Hz refresh rate
- Easy internet connectivity using inbuild Wi-Fi
- HRDD technology optimizes each pixel to bring a natural picture
- 2 HDMI and 2 USB ports connectivity
If you don’t have a lot of money to spend buying an Android TV, you can still get one less than the price of a budget smartphone. Kevin K32CV338H is a 32 inch Android TV that offers HD ready (1366×768) resolution. As this is a cheap TV, the resolution is not super sharp, but yes, not bad at all. If you want more sharpness, you can get the Kevin 1080p 40 inch variant of the same TV around ₹17000.
On the features side, you can stream all the shows from your favourite app like Netflix, Youtube, Prime Video, Hotstar on the go. So overall, if you have a family of two with a small-sized room and you want entertainment at super cheap value, this Android TV is what you should pick.
3. VU OA 4K UHD Android TV (43 Inches)
- 43 inches gorgeous 4K UHD display
- IPS panel that brings great contrast
- DOLBY VISION for software-generated contrast
- Based on Pure Android TV with version 8.0 OREO
- Flawless performance with no lag whatsoever
- Perfect choice for watching web series, cable channels
VU OA is quite similar to OnePlus Q1 series TV. It has a total resolution of 3840 x 2160 with a viewing angle of 178°. Both these TVs have Dolby Vision, which is one of the expensive and best HDR in the international market. However, the only difference between these TVs has is the Panel. VU OA is using an IPS panel, which has comparatively less contrast than VA panel (used in OnePlus Q1 Series TV) but produces better colour gamut (10-bit or 16.7M colours). Not just Dolby Vision, the VU TV also has standard HDR 10, which means you can get the best viewing experience on about 80% of the online content. So what I mean is the display quality is vibrant on this TV.
The TV is rocking a quad-core processor, 1.5 GB RAM, and 16 GB storage, so there is no bottlenecking while browsing the menus. Talking about the sound, it has an inbuilt speaker with a total output of 20 Watts and its lacking subwoofer unit. If you are a fan of a boomy sound, you should get a soundbar separately. Overall, this is absolutely a great pick as an Android TV, especially considering the value of the product.
4. Sony Bravia X8000G Android TV (49 Inches)
- Large 49 inches of 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) resolution
- Great premium design and full of smart features
- Good contrast with PLS panel with a refresh rate of 50 hertz
- Better upscaling of non-4K content with X-Reality technology
- See reproduced vivid and rich colours with TRILUMINOS™ Display
- Sony HDR processor X1 produces a dynamic range with deeper blacks
- Voice control, hundreds of apps and Android version 7.0
- HDR content could have been better
Sony Bravia is one of the phenomenal flagship TV in the Indian market for the last few years. With the launch of their latest Bravia X8000G TVs, the standards of the display have changed, remarkably. Not every TV has this level of upscaling details which are achieved by Sony Bravia X8000G TV series. That is why this is the best choice for watching TV shows and sports.
The TV has a wider colour gamut which brings up the dead saturation to life making better picture quality. Also, the TV has a PLS panel which is similar to IPS which has way better contrast than the standard LED display and slightly less than VA panel. The supported HDR technology is mediocre and not supernatural for watching movies. I would say its way far better than standard HDR10.
The sound quality is good, not super loud (20 watts output), clear and comes with bass-reflex speakers. As you know the price of this TV is not very cheap but considering its features, this TV gives you value for it.
5. TCL P65US Android Smart TV (50 inches)
- Massive 50 inches of 4K UHD (3840 x 2160, 50 hertz) resolution
- VA panel which delivers excellent contrast
- Built-In Alexa for your voice command
- Making great use of the 8-bit range of colour gamut
- Outstanding low input lag and excellent response time
- Comes with Android 8.0 (including future updates)
- Comes straight with 18 months of warranty
- Display washes out at more than 60° viewing angles
- Sound quality could be better, use soundbar instead
Affordable price is the most important selling point for any electronic brand and TCL is doing it better. While this Android TV is offering higher resolution with a big 50-inch display, the price is fairly cheap. I would really say what makes this TV even better choice is the contrast ratio of 6437:1 because it uses a VA panel. It simply means a more realistic viewing experience.
The design of this TV is not super premium but somewhat average I would day. Other than this, Dolby Audio doesn’t do justice to the audio output because the speakers sound pretty thin. That is why buying an external speaker or soundbar can fill the gap. However, the main part of any television is its screen and TCL has done a great job with the HDR to emit wide deep colours. Also, the local dimming of the screen does a great job on the uniform distribution of the black.
Overall, I think TCL P65US TV provides a much better picture quality with a large screen and that too in a very low price. Definitely a product worth buying.